ACTS 16:9,10: And during the night a vision appeared to Paul: a certain Mac‧e‧do′ni‧an man was standing and entreating him and saying: “Step over into Mac‧e‧do′ni‧a and help us.” Now as soon as he had seen the vision, we sought to go forth into Mac‧e‧do′ni‧a, drawing the conclusion that God had summoned us to declare the good news to them.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

   We're back at home! HOT SHOWERS! ICE COLD BEVERAGES! NO MORE CUBITOS!! Oh the joy that simple things can bring. One thing I did not miss was the early morning alarm to get up for work. I think I did good though as I only hit the snooze button one time.
   While it's good to be home, getting back into our regular routine will take some mental adjustment on my part. When I returned to work, it felt odd clocking in- I haven't done so for over three weeks now. One of my co-workers was catching me up on what transpired while I was gone-the usual office politics and who did what to whom. To me it all seemed so very petty and unimportant. I also felt a change in my disposition toward work. Don't get me wrong, I still did my job and worked hard, but it just didn't feel the same. It was almost like I was there in body but my mind and heart were just not into it. I kept thinking about the past few weeks in the DR.
   I thought about Bolivar who on a hot day offered me his seat and patiently listened to my simple presentation in Spanish about La Nueva Tierra. I thought of Mylene who was so happy to learn that one day The Devil will be destroyed. I thought about the many people of humble means who so appreciate and respect God's Word that they will stop whatever they are doing and engage you in conversation for a few minutes. I wondered about the new friends we had made and how they would be spending their day off today. Yes, I guess I was a bit preoccupied today at work.
   I imagine that as time goes on I will get back into the swing of things here. Surely going to the Kingdom Hall tomorrow, seeing the friends here and getting back into the ministry here will "snap me out of it". For now though as I reflect upon the past few weeks, I have many good memories to enjoy of our time spent in the Dominican Republic this summer.
*******
I thought you all might enjoy a few random photos from our trip:


our townhouse in juan dolio

hotel in jarabacoa

everywhere you look in jarabacoa you see mountains


kingdom hall in santiago

crab at playa juan dolio




view from jarabacoa kh parking lot

1 comment:

  1. My dear Brother! I have totally enjoyed your blogging of your families time in the DR. I am personally glad and happy to have your wonderful family home with us here in Lake Mary again but I understand your longing to return to that beautiful place so I hope that one day you and your family can perhaps move there. Until that day we want to enjoy the time we have with you! Thank you for the blog and the beautiful pictures - I hope you will continue to write, I enjoy it and I know others do too!

    ReplyDelete

comments are moderated :-)